Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sprouted Lentils Taste like Mud and Weeds

It's true. I gave them my best shot: three rinsings a day, a warm cool place, then sunlight, and sprouted lentils taste like crap. At least to my mouth. The other bad news is that I think I'm allergic to sprouted wheatberries. The first time I ate them I began sneezing within half an hour. And two days ago, after my kickin' hummus-filled nori roll (with wheatberry sprouts), my mouth started itching.

So far the only sprouts that are edible are the quinoa. And not only edible, but delicious and fluffy. One out of three isn't bad.

I've been eating about 99% raw for the last two days now. The bad news about it is that I feel hungry a lot, and if I want, say, a cracker, I'd have to wait two days for it to dehydrate. Yeah. That's a long time to wait for something to dip into my guacamole.

I did see a cool demonstration of a raw apple pie the other day. If it tastes good, I'm gonna make some for our staff meeting at church next week. Those guys were just squirming last night with all the talk about sprouts and green smoothies.

No comments: